I mean why should I have to make new friends?! I have fantastic friends! And I've allowed myself to develop a deep and profound cynicism due to the fact that I no longer needed to make new friends. I was well on my way to filling the grand curmudgeon shoes once my dad decided to retire. Now I have to undo years of hard work for the mere necessity of having friends that live close to me.
I am not happy about this!
But what you gonna do, right?
Well, as a testament to the quality of friends I claim as mine, I had a great group of guys to help us load the truck on moving day. And the day was not without its exciting moments. My personal favorite moment came in the form of a Rogers' lawn sitting tradition. If you've ever been to one of Mamma's Sunday dinners when cut fruit or grapes was involved then I don't have to explain the following pictures. If you haven't been to dinner... what's wrong with you?!

And so we learned that watermelon chunks do not stand up well to the fruit toss... One last lesson from the boys!
.... Last lesson for a couple years that is.
2 comments:
We're glad you posted a new blog! We wondered how the move went! It's too bad that right after you two introduced us to Canasta you have to go and move on us! We'll have to get a tournament set up for when you guys come to visit! Keep the blogs coming! We miss you guys!
You do have great friends! And . . . maybe even better sisters, right? :)
Post a Comment