Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why I'm Upset That I DIDN'T Protest The Beijing Olympics

This was a HUGE post and well, I get a little annoyed with really long blogs, so here's the quick 10:

1. RAIN STOPPING CHEMICALS - They worked really well!
2. GYMNASTICS AGES - Sure, the Chinese gymnasts were 16 - that makes me still a teenager!
3. GENERAL SAFETY - People beign stabbed in mid-day at popular tourist attractions.
4. NBC ANNOUNCERS - Don't tell me wer've lost in the first 2 minutes - let me have a little hope and then help me criticize the judges for being impartial and biased - that is how American's do sports.
5. PROJECT 119 - Recruting 5 year olds for the Olympics as an act of state seems a little unethical to me.
6. GYMNASTICS SCORING - Amen to the movie Stick It.
7. LIP SYNC - How would you like it if your government told you that you weren't pretty - Jr. High doesn't seem so bad eh? - I stole this from someone and I can't remember who.
8. FIREWORKS - Special effects fireworks? Really?
9. SMOG - I'm not sure what the city looked like after watching an entire week of Olympics.
10. For now I will leave this 10th reason empty - it's still empty. So you can add your own 10th reason.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness! I 100% agree! Is the IOC just completely scared of China? Are they afraid that if they say something to contradict the blatant cheating, that China will have them killed? I am just so proud of our athletes, and the athletes from other countries as well. I think they have all conducted themselves so well under the circumstances.

Way to go Stac - thanks for saying what all of us are thinking. :)

Christy said...

Amen to all that! I'm so glad that you've joined the blogging world so I can keep up with you! I noticed you guys have been to NY.... Jeff and I are going for the first time on Wednesday. Any suggestions?

Brooke said...

Staci! I found your blog! Hope you're doing well. Glad you got moved OK. :) Are you teaching in Illinois? It's nice to catch up. :)

Jen said...

Hey Staci... I totally agree with this post... I loved the olympics when it started but by the end I was totally dissappointed... Bytheway, how is the windy city??