Staci and I are trying to decide where to go for an upcoming weekend. We've got some pretty interesting cities near enough to drive to, but we can't decide where to go. So, we're hoping to get some friendly input. (Unfortunately, we're nowhere near Vegas otherwise we wouldn't need your help.)(And Kansas City isn't an option because we'll be driving through there on our way home in May. Arthur Bryant's here we come!)
Please post a comment with your vote for one of the following cities:
1: St. Louis, MO (3 hour drive)

2: Louisville, KY (4 hour drive)

3: Nashville, TN (6 hour drive)

4: Memphis, TN (6 hour drive)

Thanks for your help! If you feel strongly about any of the cities tell us why also.
8 comments:
My vote is for St. Louis. No reason, really, other than it's the closest so you'll get to spend more time sight-seeing, etc. I'm not a huge road-tripper, so the less time in a car, the better! Also, isn't that huge arc thing in St. Louis? That'd be cool to go inside of...
I think you should go to St. Louis Missouri so you can go to my cousin's restaurant, Niche. Well, it's really her husband's restaurant. Same diff. Plus, less time in the car.
Nashville! Best place (since Vegas is out of the question; I bet Stac is sad about that)I've been to Louisville and besides the Downs (which isn't happening right now) and the Louisville Slugger, not much there except grass. As for Memphis, honestly, who can stand all that Elvis periphenalia for more than a couple hours? As for St. Louis, it's cool and all, but 3 hours ain't much of a road trip.
I KNOW - You MUST come to Memphis!!!! Don't listen to all these other crazies - they don't know how cool Memphis is! I bet they didn't know that Memphis is the birthplace of blues music, and that we have the best BBQ on the planet!! Best of all, the coolest people live in Memphis - US!! Come visit! We could love to show you the sites!
P.S. It looks like I am going to have to kick Dave's trash! :)
I can't believe D.C. isn't in the running!! How long is the drive from where you are at? If not, maybe Lousville. It's a nice place or St.Louis for the short drive.
Stacy, this is cindy wilson, I might have a job offer for you during the summer, or even from where you are now. My cousin retired from Hill AFB. and is now contrating work. he was looking for someone to do some stuff for his company but I dont remember what it was. I told him about you and he said to see if you were interested. I just don't remember what it is. Anyway if you are still looking for some work let me know and I will get you his email.
cindy
I have no idea, but I have to say I am jealous! The biggest trip we will be taking is back to Utah.... lame! We are excited that you guys will be back for the summer as well! I feel a big BBQ coming on!:)
Hey Staci! It's Rachel Blaser. I found your blog thru Dave and Mindy's. Brett will be super excited to see all you guys have been up to.
Post a Comment