Monday, May 11, 2009

Updates

Hello everyone! So it's been a while since I've actually posted. Josh has been pretty good at posting, I however, have really been bad. I'm sorry and I sincerly ask for your forgiveness. I have a few things to post today - 4 actually.

1. In Illinois there are three things: unedible corn, beer, and universities. I have decided (with the eocuragement and support of my great husband) to imerse myself in one of these three. Can you guess? No, I haven't decided to be an alcoholic or make money by growning corn that can be used to run automobiles. It's universities. Starting in August, both Josh and I will be students. I'm going to be getting my masters in History at Eastern Illinois University. I'm super excited! Nothing like being a total history geek! (I'm taking a class on the HIstory of Christmas!!) Yes, Paige Haslam, has already asked me to give her a "new thing of the day" so maybe I'll post a little on here.

2. TO go along with graduate school....I have gotten a job, well, a graduate assistantship! So, I am going to get paid to go to school, at least for the fall. I'm really excited because not only will it help with the finances, but I will also get a chance to do research and work with the faculty and tutor!!

3. Ants. Yes, ants. We have ants. Not really all that wierd that there would be ants in 30 year old townhomes, but still, we have them. We had the Terminix guy come and spray for them twice. Both times he sprayed the kitchen. The ONE place we DON'T have ants. I'm wondering if we have anorexic ants...just thought of that. Anyway, so we have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find where these ants are coming from. We found two spots and sprayed the "unscented" Raid until we were almost exfixiated. And, alas, I think we've beaten them back.

4. I just checked online. Disney's Beauty and the Beast is set to be unlocked from the "Vault" in October 2010. There is a good chance that I will be purchasing multiple copies to make my own "vault."

Well, okay, we are all updated - Josh has been studying and being a law student, and I've been being Coach Rogers as well as Sister Rogers, seminary teacher. I'm excited for FRIDAY!!!

3 comments:

Kel said...

Nice array of topics, Stac! I took A to see Beauty and the Beast this year at WX, and she loved it - I will have to remember its "unvaulting". Good luck with school, I wish I were getting mine too, and I look forward to learning some new interesting facts. Thanks for letting us come visit, we had a wonderful time!

Melanie said...

Hey! Tell me about your life in Utah! I'm wanting to know how things are!

Hilary said...

I think you need to update again! Also, did you guys ever take the road trip that you put out there i.e., St Louis, Nashville, etc? I'd love to hear if you did end up going to one of those cities :)